Thursday, 29 March 2012

PRE-WORK FOR MY NEXT PROJECT

Anne Hathaway portrait (done in 3h, 30 min)
A few months ago I was commissioned to make a tribute movie poster, but unfortunately I had to delay this project to make room for others. Luckily I have a very understanding and patient client!

Now that all the other distractions are out of the way I'm getting started on all the pre-work; and if imagineFX's magazine has taught me anything, it's the importance of preparation.  So in order to get myself pumped and prepared, I did this facial study of the beautiful Anne Hathaway who will be featured in this poster somehow. Can anyone guess what movie tribute I'm doing (hint-a-dy- hint hint)?!

Anyway, this study took me about 3 hours and 30 minutes. So it's safe to say it's my first successful speed painting (hold your applause till the end of the speech everyone)! I've always wanted to do a speed painting ever since I got my hands on a tablet 9 years ago! However, after countless attempts, I've never been able to make a painting in that 3-4 hour range (or sometimes less). It's a huge hit to your ego, let me tell you! After all, a lot of concept artists are required to make things fast. But I guess this is proof that practice makes perfect....aaand applause now (or don't, it's all good).

Until next time interwebs, stay classy!

3 comments:

  1. APPLAUSE APPLAUSE looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooww!! Awesome great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Means a lot comming from someone with a very unique style like yourself.

      Delete